X windows

Brett Taylor brett at rtech.rtech.com
Sat Apr 15 07:18:44 AEST 1989

When trying to compile xterm for X11R3 I received a preprocessor error.
The include file StringsDefs.h is indeed 245 lines of macro definitions.
It looks like the preprocessor has it's limitations.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  Do you know of a work around?  Maybe someone has the
gcc preprocessor working for A/UX?

>	cc -B /usr/lib/big/ -O -I/usr/include/X11  -DmacII -DMODEMENU -DXTERM
> -DUTMP -DBcopy=bcopy -c main.c
> /usr/include/X11/StringDefs.h: 202: too much defining
> /usr/include/X11/StringDefs.h: 245: too much defining
> main.c: 113: no space
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

Thanks for the help in advance.