Fujitsu M2246SA SCSI drive and A/UX

Donn S. Fishbein root at radar.UUCP
Sun Apr 9 12:19:31 AEST 1989

I'm having difficulty getting a Fujitsu M2264SA SCSI drive
(135Mb) drive to work with A/UX. Using "Generic SCSI Installer",
I can format and use the drive with MacOS without any difficulty.
Note that this program does not know how to create A/UX partitions.
Apple's HD Setup 2.0 won't recognize this drive.

If I format the drive under A/UX, I get a "Unit Attention Error",
after which the drive appears to format. When I try "mkfs",
I get three errors which read "More data than SCSI device expecting",
followed by a failure.

If anyone has used this drive under A/UX, I'd appreciate knowing how,
including jumper settings on the drive and the formatting sequence.
If anyone has any general ideas, I'd like to hear about these too.

Thanks.