Rmail and elm problems w/1.1

a.e.mossberg aem at ibiza.cs.miami.edu
Tue Aug 29 06:18:15 AEST 1989

steve at cpdaux.UUCP (Steve Lemke) writes:
>[...]
>the top of the message.  When I type mail (or elm) I see all messages from
>root, and there's a line "Apparrently-To: Steve" (provided by sendmail).

Gosh, we don't have that problem, and I never installed any patch to
rmail.

>Incidentally, is anyone else running elm?  I'm running 2.2p9, and if I sit
>at the main (message listing) menu for a minute or so, I get dropped back
>to the shell, with a message indicating "Alarm call".  If I re-run elm, I
>get a message telling me to delete /tmp/mbox.steve, after which it works
>ok.  I'd just like to get rid of this problem.

Hmmm. Sounds like you configured elm wrong somewhere. Again, I've got
elm on here and it was compilied and runs with no problems.

I've been running elm 2.2 PL10, but started with elm 2.2 pl8 on here.

What shell are you using?

aem

a.e.mossberg / aem at mthvax.cs.miami.edu / aem at umiami.BITNET / Pahayokee Bioregion
Singing is a trick to get people to listen to music for longer than they
would ordinarily.  					- David Byrne