AU/X Hotline prices

Andrew Certain certain at unc.cs.unc.edu
Wed Aug 2 00:52:36 AEST 1989

I am in general pleased with AU/X, although we are not counting on it to
do more than assist us in porting code from UNIX to MacOS, but....

I just received notification that my AU/X Hotline 90-day free membership
will expire, and I have found this service to be helpful in solving some
problems that we had in get AU/X running (I'm not sure we would have been
able to w/o it).  I thought that it might be a good idea to re-subscribe,
until I found out the prices:

A/UX Hotline - 5 hour Telephone Support			$ 1,061.90
  2 Contacts, unlimited calls for 1 year up to 5 hours call/research time.

A/UX Hotline - 15 hour Telephone Support		$ 2,885.75
  2 Contacts, unlimited calls for 1 year up to 15 hours call/research time.

I assume that these are including some sort of educational discount, but I'm
not sure.

$200/hr is an unreasonable price to pay for this service.  Fortunately, I can
probably get any further problems solved by posting here, but people who have
no good way of getting news are caught.  I wish Apple would provide this
service at a more reasonable cost, especially considering the problems that
people must be having, judging from the postings here.

Just needed somewhere to complain.

Andrew Certain
certain at cs.unc.edu