tip on aux 1.1

Cathy Segedy segedy at cspi.com
Tue Aug 1 00:37:23 AEST 1989

hello.
	I just acquired a MACIIcx with AUX 1.1 and am having a bit of trouble
with tip.  Basically, if I call a non-MAC site, it refuses to recognize my
<CR> (^M) as such.  Now I am aware that the AUX by default maps all <crtl-M>
to <crtl-J>, but I cannot seem to get it to recognize it just in tip, without
wrecking havoc on my normal work.  I have tried setting eol in my .tiprc
file, and I have tried setting the eol characters in the /etc/remote file,
and I have tried various combinations of settings to stty right before
the tip.  All to no avail.  Has anyone solved this problem (or even seen it,
for that matter?).  Also, I have tried to change the modem type to hayes
or ventel, but it doesn't like that at all.  I feel I am doing something
seriously wrong, but I've tried everything I can think of.

hhhheeeelllllppppp.......!!!!!

thanks in advance,
cathy segedy

PS- probably it would be best to send replies directly to me, and I will
summerize to the net if/when I get it to work.

decvax!cspi!segedy
apollo!cspi!segedy