Installing gcc on A/UX 1.1

Richard Todd rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Tue Dec 5 12:18:30 AEST 1989

In article <34840 at cornell.UUCP> kowalski at svax.cs.cornell.edu (Jeffrey Kowalski) writes:
>Well, even if you've got the gcc, you can't compile it because the
>assembly portion of the compile process is messed up.  I keep getting
>horrible errors.  Could I be correct in guessing that our friend
>"as" has the same limit as "cc?"
Oops, forgot about that.  Yes, "as" has fixed-length tables that will overflow
-- if you turn on the -g flag on your compiles to include symbolic debugging
information.  Leave off -g in the CFLAGS when trying to build gcc and
everything works ok.  I've done it, it works.
Richard Todd	rmtodd at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu  rmtodd at chinet.chi.il.us
	rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Motorola Skates On Intel's Head!