A/UX on an SE/30?

David W. Berry dwb at Apple.COM
Tue Feb 14 15:35:56 AEST 1989

In article <214 at topologix.topologix.com> andy at topologix.com (Andy Pfiffer) writes:
>In article <914 at mailrus.cc.umich.edu> mike at shogun.cc.umich.edu () writes:
>I have yet to get a straight answer, either.  I know of someone who said they
>saw it running (A/UX 1.1) on an SE/30, but couldn't provide details.

	OK.  Here's the straight scoop.  A/UX 1.1 does run on an SE/030.
Support hasn't been announced for a number of reasons:

1.  No supported ethernet boards.  Slip does work.
2.  No apple talk printing.
3.  The small screen size causes a number of cosmetic problems where output
was designed for the larger screen of the Mac II.

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
apple!dwb at sun.com	dwb at apple.com	973-5168 at 408.MaBell