Stuffit runs under A/UX (almost)!

Matthias Urlichs urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de
Sat Feb 11 10:02:11 AEST 1989

About the only program which I really use under A/UX is StuffIt 1.51.
Surprised me a lot when it didn't crash.

Two problems surfaced:
1- RayLau used the global variable Ticks instead of the function TickCount.
  Result: The version number doesn't blink any more. :-)
2- A/UX does not support HFS calls. And GetVolInfo returns a maximum of
  one MB of free disk storage. Now I challenge you to unstuff a 2 MB document.
  StuffIt is too clever for you and won't do it.
  Solution: Find and patch the only occurrence of
      6464 2f2e 000e       and replace with
      6064 2f2e 000e       (tried this in UnStuffit 1.51 but should work with
			    Stuffit too)
  This disables the test for "not enough" free storage.

Now if I could only read HFS disks (and hard disks) directly.
(Oh well, waiting for A/UX 1.1 ...)
--
Matthias Urlichs -- Humboldtstrasse 7 -- 7500 Karlsruhe 1 -- FRG
urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de -- ++49+721-621127 at PTT