A/UX questions

Neil McKenzie mckenzie at june.cs.washington.edu
Thu Jan 26 09:59:54 AEST 1989

(line eater)

In article <879 at amethyst.ma.arizona.edu> jeffc at jupiter.ame.arizona.edu (Jeff Currier) writes:
>We just got our MacIIx with A/UX and I have a few questions that some of
>you great guys and gals out there could answer.
>
>1) Why are my ethernet connections so slow? Is 3-minutes normal to
>connect to a machine next door?

Sounds like the same problem I had with the loopback interface.
When the system boots, you need a command something like
"ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1" to enable the loop interface.

>2) Are there any other window Manegers besides "term"?  Term is O.K. but
>I was spoiled bye "suntools" and term seems primitive.
>3) Are there any Screen blanking routines or screen locks available?
>
>4) Are there any graphics emulation routines for say Tek 4014 emulation?

There's the X11 windowing package from MIT that has all this and more.
See if there is a fileserver in your domain that has source code.
Checking with the Computer Science department at your university
is a good bet.