Two Questions

Paul Molenaar paulm at nikhefk.UUCP
Tue Jan 24 02:56:11 AEST 1989

In article <457 at ajpo.sei.cmu.edu> eberard at ajpo.sei.cmu.edu (Edward Berard) writes:
#Now that the Macintosh SE/30 and A/UX 1.1 have been officially
#announced, I have two (apparently) unrelated questions:
#
#	1. It would seem that a Macintosh SE/30 equipped with an 80
#	   megabyte internal drive could possibly support A/UX.(I will
#	   allow that one might be well-advised to augment such an SE
#	   with an external hard disk.) Is this an intended
#	   possibility? What other considerations, if any are
#	   required?
#
Nothing official, but:

we tested the SE/30 and found A/UX 1.01 to be able to run on the SE/30.
I see no non-marketing reason for Apple not the officially support A/UX
for the SE/30.

All in all I thought the machine was _fast_. Real fast. But speed
comes at a price.
#				-- Ed Berard
#				   Phone: (301) 695-6960
#				   FAX: (301) 695-7734