Need help with mouse pointer in A/UX 1.0

William Kucharski kucharsk at uts.amdahl.com
Tue Jan 24 08:23:00 AEST 1989

Hello,

This may or may not be a silly question, but I don't have any idea as to
how to solve this problem.

Basically, I do a /etc/newconfig for nfs, bnet and toolbox, and start the
toolbox daemon.

BUT...I never have a mouse pointer when running toolbox code.  For
example, when I run "term," I have no mouse pointer.  Elementary fooling
around with the term program's event loops reveals that mouse down events
ARE received, but I have no pointer and the mouse is not tracked at ALL
(the coordinates stay stuck at 0,0).  I have tried brute-forcing
ShowCursor()s, in case it was invisible, but that didn't help.

I know the mouse tracking works, because I've seen it work under A/UX 1.0,
unless there's something really, really stupid I'm missing here...

Configuration:
==============
Macintosh II A/UX Development System
Extended Keyboard
Mouse plugged into ADB port on keyboard
Radius Color Monitor and Radius video card

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated...

--
					William Kucharski

ARPA: kucharsk at uts.amdahl.com
UUCP: ...!{ames,decwrl,sun,uunet}!amdahl!kucharsk

Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed above are my own, and may not agree with
	     those of any other sentient being, not to mention those of my
	     employer.  So there.