A warning about leasing equipment - don't trust the salespeople!

John R. Galloway jrg at Apple.COM
Fri Jun 16 03:35:04 AEST 1989

At least if you are a developer (partner), you can lease Apple equipment at
very nice terms from Apple Commercial Credit.  Not only that but you can
include 3rd part Apple compatable products on the lease as well.  This is great
and the people at Apple Commercial Credit are the best!  They are always
a pleasure to deal with no matter what issue you are deailing with.

My warning concerns 3rd party vendors.  Of the 3 that are/were included on
my lease, all three said that going through a leaseing company was no problem,
they do it all the time.  However when the rubber met the road in the accounting
dept things were a bit different.  Of the three, one flatly refused to do
business this way and wanted (and is getting) payment from me up front, the
second is going through the lease but wants to wait till I have all the
other equipment before they ship so they will have a minimum of time to get
their payment (which is not sent to all till all equipment is received) and
the third (which is MicroNet) said it would be no problem, and it was none.

So Apple Comercial Credit is a great place to do business (don't worry if
you don't know anything about leases, they will explain until you are an
expert!) but when dealing with 3rd parties, ask to speak with someone in
accounting before drawing up the lease paper work, it may save you having to
redo it!

apple!jrg	John R. Galloway, Jr.       contract programmer, San Jose, Ca

These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!