MACH and XWindows on Mac

Andrew Markham markham at tsc.cs.unc.edu
Wed Mar 1 01:41:00 AEST 1989

This summer I may work with a project in which a fully developed system is
ported over to the Mac from a Sun running 4.3 BSD with XWindows.  The problem
is, since A/UX is System V with BSD extensions, there could be a lot more
work in store for us than if we could get a hold of a 4.3 BSD compatible OS.

A long time ago (in a distant galaxy), I heard that there was a possibility
of the MACH OS being ported to the Mac and I was wondering if anyone knows this
for a fact and if so, are there any dates regarding its release?  Also, I
assume that XWindows would also be made available for MACH.  Well, you get
the main idea.  If you have any information regarding the above, please
respond via e-mail or post to comp.sys.mac.

Thanks for any and all help provided,

Andy Markham
<markham at sunmail.cs.unc.edu>
Computer Science Department