IO Signal terminates Emacs 18.49 in A/UX

Hugh Daniel hugh at hoptoad.uucp
Fri Mar 3 19:07:41 AEST 1989

  There is a bug in A/UX (Even in 1.1 Betas it seems) where every now
and then a things get confused and SIGIO is turned on for that tty no
matter what you do.
  I fixed some bugs in the A/UX port of GnuEmacs along with adding a
null interupt function to catch the SIGIO.  Affixed is my diff from
GnuEmacs version 18.52.

                ||ugh Daniel
hugh at toad.com                   Grasshopper  Group,  +1 415/668-5998
hugh at xanadu.com			1996 Hayes St. San Francisco CA94117

*** emacs.c.ship	Sun Oct  2 18:01:10 1988
--- emacs.c	Tue Oct  4 02:08:09 1988
***************
*** 174,179 ****
--- 174,186 ----
    extern int errno;
    extern void malloc_warning ();

+ #ifdef OREO
+   int eat_sigio();
+
+   set42sig();
+   signal (SIGIO, eat_sigio);
+ #endif
+
  #ifdef VMS
  #ifdef LINK_CRTL_SHARE
  #ifdef SHAREABLE_LIB_BUG
***************
*** 181,189 ****
  #endif /* SHAREABLE_LIB_BUG */
  #endif /* LINK_CRTL_SHARE */

- #ifdef OREO
-   set42sig();
- #endif

    /* If -map specified, map the data file in */
    if (argc > 2 && ! strcmp (argv[1], "-map"))
--- 188,193 ----
*** 637,639 ****
--- 641,646 ----
    DEFVAR_LISP ("kill-emacs-hook", &Vkill_emacs_hook,
      "Function called, if non-nil, whenever kill-emacs is called.");
  }
+
+   /* Used to catch SIGIO which AUX1.0 generates erroneusly */
+ eat_sigio() {}