SE/30 compatibility

David W. Berry dwb at sticks.apple.com
Tue Oct 17 06:36:40 AEST 1989

In article <2537 at hub.UUCP> pete at cavevax.ucsb.edu writes:
>I've heard tell that A/UX is not "supposed" to run on an SE/30. Or at
>least that it MIGHT, but it's not supported.
	With the announcement and release of Release 1.1.1, A/UX
is now both "supposed" to run on the SE/30 and is supported.  Any
version after 1.0.1 will actually run on the SE/30 but until 1.1.1
the SE/30 had no way to print via appletalk, and therefore a marketing
decision was made that it was not "supported".  Since 1.1.1 also
supports AppleTalk using the onboard hardware, AppleTalk printing
and therefore the SE/30 are now supported.

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb at apple.com		973-5168 at 408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1