tcsh

Steve Green steveg at tove.umd.edu
Tue Oct 17 03:43:51 AEST 1989

I have started using tcsh for AUX and discovered that I can no longer su.  if I
run a csh, I still can't su but if I exec csh, then I can su.  Since I dont
have AUX source, I grabbed some BSD source to try to trace down the problem.
It seems that getpass(3) is failing when it tries to open(2) /dev/tty.
I can only assume that the Apple versions of csh have been modified in a way
to prevent this.  Can anyone supply me with a fix for this problem.
(is anyone else having this problem?)

--
	-steveg at tove.umd.edu		..uunet!tove.umd.edu!steveg
"Ignore the message: 'ld warning: file /tmp/kernAAAa06386 has no relocation