Alexis Rosen's A/UX article in 1/91 MacUser

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Thu Dec 13 08:27:19 AEST 1990

cb at bwilab3.UUCP (CB Genrich) writes:
>ken at slhisc.uucp (Ken Stamm) writes:
>> Just wanted to congratulate Mr. Rosen on a well written article on A/UX
>> recently published in January 91 MacUser.  (We know you're listening)
>
>Yeah, but what about the CD-ROM with all kinds of UNIX goodies available
>"for cost of distribution" and "possibly by the time we read this"?
>
>I'm like the guy on that Sports Illustrated comercial with the football
>phone...I want that disk!

That was one of the things I wanted to revise, which I wasn't able to. When
I wrote that line in August, I thought it was true. They're still thinking
about it, as far as I know, but I guess work on 2.0.1 is taking precedence.
Too bad- they could develop something at least as useful as the 2.0.1
upgrade, with a far smaller expenditure of resources (not that 2.0.1 shouldn't
be worked on, but I think this kind of a disk warrants a couple of engineers
for a month ot so).

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis