A/UX and carrier detect

Eric Dittman dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com
Sat Dec 15 10:50:43 AEST 1990

I took a look through the manuals and didn't find this documented, so here's
a quick question:

What does A/UX 2.0 want in terms of hardware handshaking on the built-in
serial port?

I have wired my cable with HSKi and HSKo going to RTS/CTS.  There's also
a GPi available.  Will A/UX allow use of GPi for carrier detect from the
modem (including dropping the session if carrier is lost)?  As it now
stands if I log in and then lose carrier calling back puts me right back
were I was (without the login: prompt) which I don't want.  I want the
system to require another login.  I'm still new at using/maintaining
A/UX (and UNIX in general), so I don't even know if this is possible (it
is with VMS).

Thanks,
Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman at skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman at skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.