MicroNet, teac and st

Richard Todd rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Thu Dec 13 04:11:05 AEST 1990

jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov (Jim Jagielski) writes:

>The other driver, "teac" also supposedly has an expire date, but if you re-
>install the driver, then it'll unexpire itself. I also have a copy of this
>driver, Version 1.01 beta TEST.

   That's the one I have.  I'm not sure it actually has an expire date in it.
The reason I say this, is that 1. strings on /etc/boot.d/teac shows no sign
of any such message (but, of course the msg could be encrypted) and 2. doing
an nm on the same file shows that the teac driver nowhere references as
external variables the kernel's time variable, or indeed seem to reference
anything it shouldn't be looking at in the kernel.  Has anyone actually seen
this version (1.01) expire?
Richard Todd	rmtodd at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu  rmtodd at chinet.chi.il.us
	rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Motorola Skates On Intel's Head!