3-button mouse (was: MacX)

John Coolidge coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 31 09:27:30 AEST 1990

abm at alan.aux.apple.com (Alan Mimms) writes:
>In article <1080 at pi19.pnfi.forestry.ca>, tmoore at pi19.pnfi.forestry.ca (Tom Moore) writes:
>|> I am interested in finding out more about the Logitech 3-button
>|> mouse for the Mac.  Does anyone have a phone number or mail
>|> address for the folks at Logitech?

>Actually, I believe a faux pas has been committed: the Logitech product
>has NOT yet been announced.  But I believe they are planning to announce
>it at an upcoming Macintosh-oriented tradeshow.

There is also the Advanced Gravis 3 button mouse for the Mac. It's a
LogiTech manufactured mouse and a little converter box (Gravis uses
the same converter for their trackball and joystick, and if you want
any of those the devices can be daisy-chained). The two extra buttons
(as well as button 1, for that matter) can be programmed to send any
key sequence (and, I think, a couple other types of events) to the Mac,
and can send either more events or completely different events for
double and triple clicks. Unfortunately, since it's an ADB device and
there's no ADB manager under A/UX, you have to program the mouse from
MacOS. However, once programmed it works fine under A/UX.

I've been using one for about two weeks and my Apple mouse is now lost
under piles of paper, so consider me a happy user! :-)

--John