sdb: the debugger from hell...

John Kullmann jk at Apple.COM
Thu Dec 13 09:53:39 AEST 1990

In article <27409.27657285 at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> brownrigg at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>Where does sdb come from?  My first and only experience with it is with
>A/UX.  I've never seen it on any other Unix-box I've encountered (I'm not

SDB is a System 5 ism. Lots of UNIX systems have it. No one likes it.
I suggest you use 'CDB' available from APDA or wing it and use one
of the versions of GDB.  Both understand source level debugging, structures
and pointers, etc. I personally like CDB.

Sorry about SDB, I'll flame AT&T from you (and me again) next time
I talk to them!

jk
--
John Kullmann