Revised Bug Report, part 2: uuxqt and uuxqt.wrap

Richard Todd rmtodd at servalan.uucp
Sat Dec 15 16:02:05 AEST 1990

alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen) writes:

>I hope that everyone finds this info useful. At this point we're only lacking
>a patch to mail (as described yesterday). I know I said I'd try to patch it
>myself if nobody else does, but I thought of a fairly easy way to do it with
>another shell-script wrapper. I'd still prefer a patch, though, as it's much
>more efficient. Anybody offering?

Well, I don't have a patch for mail, because I don't use it.  I can,
however, suggest a possible alternative: try installing Deliver by Chip
Salzenberg.  Deliver is meant to be a (considerably enhanced) replacement
program for delivering local (in-system) mail msgs.  While, as shipped, it
has the same default lock behavior as the "standard" rmail (i.e., try 10
times to create whoever.lock and then quit), it should be trivial to change
it to loop forever.  (The function you want is create_lock in the file
lock.c.)  It can be readily put in as a "drop-in" replacement for the local
mailer with smail 2.5; presumably a sendmail guru would know how to
convince sendmail to pass local mail thru to deliver.  Deliver should be
available on your nearest friendly archive site.
Richard Todd	rmtodd at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu  rmtodd at chinet.chi.il.us
	rmtodd at servalan.uucp
"Cancelling a posted message means posting a cancel message."-Maarten Litmaath