Jeff E Mandel MD MS AS01MEF at VM.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Sat Dec 8 07:10:20 AEST 1990

Is there a way to install A/UX 2.0 from a non-Apple CD ROM player (i.e. one
utilizing a driver other than Apple's such as OMCD?) A friend claims that he
was completely unsuccessful at this with one of the NEC portable drives, and as
I am planning on getting a CD ROM player soon, and would like to be able to
load A/UX from CD ROM, I would be interested in any info.

Also, has anyone had experience with Exabyte 8 mm tape drives for A/UX? I have
one on my VAX, and it would be nice to be able to backup an A/UX system to
this.