Here are some useful patches to rn for A/UX

Dominic Dunlop domo at tsa.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 07:34:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec2.014221.12113 at panix.uucp> alexis at panix.uucp (Alexis Rosen)
writes:
> Also, I did not know anything about the compatibility libraries (my knowledge
> of A/UX coding is basically non-existent yet...), although I know about the
> compiler define switches like _SYSV_SOURCE. Is there a brief and concise
> description of stuff like this in one place, or do I need to fish through
> the man pages for a year in order to discover everything?

Hey, that must be why I read manuals in the bath: I'm fishing.

Anyway, the documentation on these ``feature test'' macros is in a
really obvious place: page B-7 in A/UX Programming Languages and Tools,
Volume 1.  Anybody with an ounce of sense should have realised that a
section called A/UX POSIX Environment would be the place to look.
Right?						( :-), needless to say.)

And see also the man pages for cc(1) and setcompat(2), and Section 2,  cc
Command Syntax, in A/UX Programming Languages and Tools, Volume 1.
Setcompat in particular allows you utterly to confuse yourself and your
program.
--
Dominic Dunlop