Questions asked about security

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at nada.kth.se
Sat Dec 29 08:35:17 AEST 1990

WHen you log on to an A/UX system, and just drop the modem
(as in, your sister walks in and picks up the phone ;-) you
get back into the session when you dial again. This is all
very well for those who were right in the middle of editing
something, but I consider it a major security hazard.

Now, I've looked through getty and gettydefs man-pages, but
found nothing appropriate. Maybe the shell needs convincing ?
I use tcsh 5.20.01. (By the way, it's on an fx with the IOP
code loaded)

How do I get the thing to throw out any processes belonging
to a terminal that drops the carrier ?

							H+

Jon W{tte, Stockholm, Sweden, h+ at nada.kth.se