Using Apple Display Card GC & 8*24GC INIT

David C. Troup dtroup at carroll1.cc.edu
Mon Dec 3 05:27:08 AEST 1990

In article <5005 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Dyer) writes:
>It won't.  No accelerator cards work under the current version of A/UX
>because they necessarily deal with physical addresses and screen memory
>is accessed at a virtual address different from the the physical address.
>I hear this may be addressed in future versions of A/UX.

	I talked to DayStar Digital this past week for questions on
	problems with the 030 40mhz card for the IIci running under
	AU/X, and it seems there are some "Little problems..." with
	the card, and that "...we are working with Apple on this
	problem and will not release the card until the problems
	are fixed..."

	It seems that all of these neat products that would be
	PERFECT for AU/X don't seem to support AU/X. (I looked
	at AE's Quadralink too, again, so support).

	Kinda frustrating... :-(

--
David C. Troup is dtroup at carroll1.cc.edu|414.336.7467|414.433.3527|           |