Is Apple not recommending anonymous ftp for A/UX?

Jason Levitt jason at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 19 06:34:16 AEST 1990

I can't find anywhere in the A/UX 1.1 manuals where
setting up anonymous ftp is described. This is no big
deal -- I can still set it up, but since it doesn't seem
to be mentioned anywhere, it gives me the impression that
Apple doesn't want people doing it, perhaps because it is
such a potential security hole. But then, I can ftp to apple.com....
Or maybe it's just an omission. Any thoughts?

-----

Jason Levitt    P.O. Box 49860  Austin, Texas 78765  (512) 459-0055
Internet: jason at cs.utexas.edu         | "Disneyland exemplifies the essence of
UUCP    : cs.utexas.edu!hackbox!jason |  the American spirit and continues to
BIX     : jlevitt                     |  show us the way to follow our dreams."