Hints, tips, and tricks for A/UX 2.0 ...

William Roberts liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Sat Jul 7 05:36:35 AEST 1990

In <687 at helens.Stanford.EDU> tony at playfair.Stanford.EDU (Tony Cooper) writes:

>If you have DA's and fonts you want to use under both MacOS and A/UX/MacOS
>then you can save a lot of space by using Suitcase II. Just set up Suitcase
>on your MacOS partition in the system folder. Then drag the suitcase icon
>into your A/UX system folder. It still uses the same DA's and fonts that
>are sitting on the MacOS partition - no need to copy them into an A/UX
>system folder.

Which version of Suitcase have you got? - the one I tried didn't
work under the A/UX 2.0 beta I had at the time. I'd really like
Suitcase to work because I want personal System Folders for
each student and I don't want to duplicate hundreds of kbytes
of fonts and so on.

>Cheers,
>Tony Cooper
>tony at popserver.stanford.edu

I think the "Hints & Tips" collection idea is a good one.
Perhaps since it is in their own best interests, Apple could
host it and someone in DTS could moderate it?

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  071-975 5250 (Fax: 081-980 6533)