Version 2.0 and removable devices

Mike Nowak mike at terminator.cc.umich.edu
Mon Jul 23 13:28:49 AEST 1990

In article <20416 at grebyn.com> rhodes at grebyn.com (Ned Rhodes) writes:

>	The other "funny" thing is that yes you can read a CD or syquest
>cartridge just fine under A/UX, but how do you mount a new volume
>without taking the system down.  If you throw either a syquest volume or
>a CDROM in the trash, you 1) cannot eject the disk and 2) you never see
>the volume until you reboot to MacOS.
>	Is this the way it was supposed to work or can someone point me
>to a section in the manual so that I can get educated?  Thanks.
>
>--
>Ned W. Rhodes                   (703) 534-2297 (voice)
>Arlington, VA  22205            rhodes at grebyn.COM

I have discovered the same thing on my 2.0 system.  I tried to install
the SilverLining Cirrus Init for Syquest drives in the A/UX System Folder
but when I start a session, I get a crash with ID=12.  I assume this is
because this INIT uses the SCSI Manager but I'm not sure.

If anyone finds out how to use removable MacOS media under A/UX, please
let me know too!  Thanks.

Mike Nowak.