Sendmail (This is IT, I promise!)

Jim Jagielski jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Jul 21 03:44:34 AEST 1990

I have figured out the sendmail "problem" of it not recognizing and using
aliases in /etc/hosts. Basically, it's because res_search() doesn't do
as exhaustive a search as does gethostbyname(). So what I've done is
added sections that if res_search fails, try it again, but this time
use the "official" hostname as returned by gethostbyname() in the
nameserver query. This adds No time if the query is successful the 1st
time.

So this is IT! Done! Finished! (I've also added timezone capability
to arpadate instead of that stupid "-0400" in the date...

Be sure to read ./src/AUX_README and to change to BINARY mode when doing
your anon-ftp "get"...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
 the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."