sendmail 5.64

Jim Jagielski jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 12 04:12:35 AEST 1990

To all those who snagged my port of Sendmail 5.64, I just noticed something
weird... if I try to mail to foo at bar (with bar being bar.gsfc.nasa.gov in
/etc/host) the message bounces due to "unknown host" whereas if I address
it to foo at bar.gsfc.nasa.gov, then all is Okay.

The previous version of Sendmail (i.e., the version that came with 1.1) handled
foo at bar with no problem...

I'm looking into this and will let you know...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.1
     jim at jagmac2.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you reach
 the very, very top, and then it tends to slope away rather sharply."