A/UX 2.0 and Ethernet

Peter Chen petechen at porthos.rutgers.edu
Mon Jul 30 18:56:00 AEST 1990

Hi,
	After I installed A/UX 2.0 on a IIcx and finally acquired an
Ethernet card for it, I found that being on the net in fact causes
A/UX 2.0 to "choke".
	Before I put the machine on ethernet, everything runs fine
with localtalk.  I use NCSA Telnet to ftp sources.  After I installed
the Ethernet card, and reconfigured the kernel.  The system sometimes
just hangs for 5 to 30 seconds, then comes back.  Sometimes it gets so
bad that it appears to have crashed.  I have known that if the network
is too busy sometimes a system may choke because of the traffic.
However, I can't be certain this is the case.
	Does anybody have similar experience or an explaination for
this?  All replies are welcome, thanks in advance.

Peter Chen