Graphics accelerators under A/UX for 19" displays ?

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Wed Jun 6 02:14:49 AEST 1990

In article <1536 at s3.ireq.hydro.qc.ca> lamarche at ireq.hydro.qc.ca () writes:
>I am considering to get a 19" display for my mac II to operate with  X11R4.
>Does any body have any experience with Supermac or Radius displays? Does
>the use of graphic accelerator improves performance in this situation?

No graphics accellerator, as far as I know right now, is supported
by A/UX 2.0.  That includes the 8/24 GC.  The problem as it's been
explained to me is that existing accellerator code assumes a
physical==virtual identity for the cards' bitmaps, which is no longer
true under A/UX.

There's no 24-bit support in the Apple X11R4 anyway, just 1-bit and 8-bit.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
dyer at arktouros.mit.edu, dyer at hstbme.mit.edu