FLAME Concerning Apple's pricing of A/UX 2.0.

Brian Cuthie brian at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Tue Jun 5 10:59:45 AEST 1990

In article <3389 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU> brian at umbc3.umbc.edu.UMBC.EDU (Brian Cuthie) writes:
>In article <3089 at ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:

	<< All kinds of stuff deleted from my original posting >>

>>The price for A/UX 2.0 seems pretty much in line with other products on
>>the market on platforms in the same ballpark.
>>

>Except, that if I'm trying to write a turn key application I can't buy
>A/UX runtime only systems.  I don't necessarilly want to ship a compiler
>with every system.  Or, networking for that matter (although I probably
>would want that).
>
>I don't really have a gripe about the price.  Just the fact that it's
>unbundled.
^^
  Better insert the word 'not' up here. Otherwise, at least a 100 people
will flame me for not saying the right thing.

we now resume our regularly scheduled net trash.

thank you.

>-brian
>
>brian at beerwolf.umd.edu

me again.