FLAME Concerning Apple's pricing of A/UX 2.0.

Amanda Walker amanda at mermaid.intercon.com
Mon Jun 4 13:09:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun1.185845.24189 at ox.com>, time at ox.com (Tim Endres) writes:
> Apple, once again, has a marketing department with its head up
> its collective asshole! Their recent pricing of A/UX 2.0 is an
> obvious gouge, attempting to recoup development efforts.

So what would you suggest?  Raising the price of everything else in order
to subsidize A/UX users?  A LOT of time and money has gone into A/UX.  Apple
has to pay for it somehow... Development time doesn't grow on trees.

You didn't have to pick A/UX for a platform.  If a cheapo 386 UNIX port
is what you want to pay for, that's what you should be using.  If you are
adding capabilities and value to your product by putting in on A/UX, then
what's the problem with paying more for it?

TANSTAAFL, dude :-).

Lastly, if your product is really so revolutionary, talk to Apple.  They
are desperate for unique, sexy A/UX products... Apply some market pressure...

--
Amanda Walker, InterCon Systems Corporation