Help with A/UX's UUCP!

John Coolidge coolidge at brutus.cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 17 06:00:39 AEST 1990

ksand at appleoz.oz.au (Kent Sandvik) writes:
>logan at inpnms.UUCP (Jim Logan) writes in article <237 at inpnms.UUCP>:
>>      The source code is available from UUNET.  I'll bet there is
>>      someone out there who has already taken the time to port sendmail
>>      to A/UX .  If not, I might be doing it when I get my IIci
>>      sometime this month.

>Sorry boys, but sendmail has always been in the A/UX system, latest
>release (1.1.) had sendmail 5.61 if I remember right.

The 1.1 we have came with 5.59. Unfortunately, it has the (very annoying!)
habit of coredumping all the time. Certainly easily generated mail messages
cause it to die horribly. Thus, I ported 5.61, which was just a matter of
compiling the sources --- except for one workaround to avoid an apparent
bug in sprintf.

I've been meaning to port the IDA-enhanced sendmail, but it's still on the
back burner.

--John