3rd party disk and tape drives (was Re: Does nobody read this group?

John R. Galloway Jr. jrg at Apple.COM
Fri Mar 9 19:12:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar9.063910.2536 at servalan.uucp>, rmtodd at servalan.uucp (Richard Todd) writes:
> In article <235 at inpnms.UUCP> logan at inpnms.UUCP (Jim Logan) writes:
> >question.  Can anyone tell me how painful it is to use disk drives
> >and QIC tape drives from other vendors under A/UX?

As one more data point: I am using a MicroNet SBX300 and it works fine (if
you use it withOUT an internal drive (as I am) you should mention that when
ordering and get a terminator for the internal SCSI connector).  MicroNet
supplies partitioning sw that creates MacOS and A/UX partions.  And using
dp (avaliable from sash) really isn't bad either if you have to.

As for tape my suggestion is that you call Archive and ask about their
150/250 MB drive (which uses DC300 style cartridges) I think its called
the MaxStream 150/250.

-jrg
--
internet   jrg at apple.com      John R. Galloway, Jr.
applelink  d3413              CEO..receptionist

These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!