Multifinder under Unix! A/UX 2.0 Desktop PICT

Steve Peters peters at apple.apple.com
Sun Mar 25 10:50:46 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar24.154244.3754 at uwslh.slh.wisc.edu>
lishka at uwslh.slh.wisc.edu (Chris Lishka (programmer at large) ) writes:
> This seems to imply that MultiFinder can only run one task at a time
> under A/UX.

No. Wrong. We've done it right, honest.

My MacIIx running A/UX 2.0 with MultiFinder presently shows the following
applications running: MacX, Finder, CommandShell, TextEditor. Yesterday,
at an Apple product view, I had these additional applications open:
HyperCard, Claris CAD, MicroSoft Word, and Wingz. Executing "ps -el" (in a
CommandShell, of course) further shows the usual lineup of daemons: nfsd,
biod, ypbind, sendmail, xclock, xload, etc. [My mail reader, xmh, runs on
a remote Vax -- alas, no MultiFinder there :-) ]

Steve Peters
X Project Leader
Apple Computer, Inc.