SCSI devices under multifinder under AUX 2.0...

Rick Auricchio rick at Apple.COM
Thu Mar 29 03:28:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar27.194851.15269 at ecn.purdue.edu> mckay at frenchhorn.ecn.purdue.edu (Dwight D. McKay) writes:

>Is it possible to run a SCSI device, in this case a scanner, from
>multifinder under AUX 2.0?  I have a hand scanner (Logitech's ScanMan)
>which is hooked up to the SCSI bus and has a program to go out and 1)
>find the device and 2) read an image.  Any ideas if this would still
>work under the new multifinder/AUX 2.0 setup?

	Sorry, no support for "Mac" SCSI calls under 2.0.  With an A/UX
	driver, programs could do read/write/ioctl, but not the usual
	Mac-style "direct" SCSI calls.
Rick Auricchio, Apple Computer Inc, 20525 Mariani Av MS 58A Cupertino CA 95014
sun!apple!rick   OR   rick at apple.COM     Mooney N894AR     (408) 974-4227
		Never eat prunes when you're famished.
My opinion is my own. My employer? They use a windsock and a fire extinguisher.