newfs parameters for wren runner

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Sat Apr 6 16:57:32 AEST 1991

rprohask at orion.oac.uci.edu (Robert Prohaska) writes:
>What are the appropriate parameters for newfs when setting up a
>seagate ST4385NM (wren runner) disk?  The partition is about 250 Mbytes,
>slice 3.

That disk is the only non-Apple disk supported by /etc/disktab. Instead
of telling newfs about cylinders and tracks and whatnot, just tell it the
disk type is 'MN330'.

>While were're at it, what's the difference between /dev/dsk/c6d0s3 (the
>partition I want to use) and /dev/rdsk/c6d0s3?

One is a character device, the other is block. Try ls -l on each to see.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis