Multiple Mac Partitions under AUX

Marc T. Kaufman kaufman at neon.Stanford.EDU
Sat Apr 20 02:29:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr18.071816.4503 at verity.com> anders at verity.com (Anders Wallgren) writes:
>In article <1991Apr17.232019.16018 at oakhill.sps.mot.com>, RTCF90 at waccvm (Andreas Kirchner) writes:

->Does anybody know how to 'fool' the system so that I can mount the other Mac
->volumes???

>Unfortunately there isn't an answer.  The standard Apple partitioning
>scheme doesn't allow for multiple mac partitions on one scsi device -

Not true.  The SCSI partitioning scheme allows for multiple Mac partitions,
just like it allows for multiple 'usr' partitions (and multiple 'free'
partitions).  Its just that the driver has to be able to handle it.  In the
MacOS environment, it seems that just about everyone except Apple has
figured out how to handle multiple HFS partitions (e.g. SuperMac, Micronet,
LaCie,...).  Under A/UX, you are stuck (at least for the time being) with
Apple's inability (or unwillingness) to write such a driver.

Marc Kaufman (kaufman at Neon.stanford.edu)