X11 & Color

Nick Beser beser at aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU
Tue Jun 11 01:10:57 AEST 1991

beard at ux5.lbl.gov (Patrick C Beard) writes:

>I have X11R4 for A/UX 2.x and am having difficulty getting it to automatically
>come up in color.  The "Getting Started..." manual suggests a file by the
>name of .X11 to change the default "X" command to something like:

>X -screen 0 -depth 8

>From the console emulator I can type this in and it works, so I have that
>as my default login and I've aliased X to that, but I would like to know
>what others are doing about this.

If I start my system by selecting X11 from the change session menu, it comes
up in Black and White. Is there any way of getting X11 to come up in color
without selecting console emulator? I have the file .x11 defined the way
Pat Beard suggested, but that does not seem to help. The document suggest
that if I have the file .x11 present in my login directory, the X-11 system
will execute the file during startup.

Nick Beser
beser at aplcomm.jhuapl.edu
Applied Physics Lab