A/UX and System 7

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Wed Jun 12 19:30:12 AEST 1991

ejbehr at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) writes:
>I'd like to verify one point before we spend K$$ on some hardware.
>
>Is it possible to have a single Mac (on E-net) be used as both an ftp
>server *and* a mini-AppleTalk server using System 7's facilities (i.e.
>without getting the AppleShare server)? I.e. can A/UX and Mac OS coexist
>to that extent?

No it's not. Not yet, anyway. A/UX won't run system 7 until 1992.

On the other hand you can accomplish what you want _right now_ with A/UX.
Just get a $200 copy of allShare. It's a really nifty non-dedicated Ashare
clone which can run uncer A/UX. It does _NOT_ implement the Ashare privs
though.

Alternatively you can install CAP, which is free. But others can tell you
more about that than I.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
alexis at panix.com
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis