X and color...

Jim Jagielski jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 18 04:21:33 AEST 1991

Under X11R4 Ver 2.1 from Apple, including the update available via anon-ftp
on aux.support..., to make X start-up in color BOTH when just typing "X"
AND when logging in under X11, you must edit /usr/bin/X11/X ./X11 and ./X11R4.

At the bottom when "xinit" is called using the "XmacII" server, you must add

	"-screen 0 -depth 8"

right before the "$*".

This should do it...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
                                 =:^)
           Jim Jagielski                    NASA/GSFC, Code 711.4
     jim at jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov               Greenbelt, MD 20771

"If we increase the size of the penguin until it is the same height as a man
 and then compare the relative brain size, we know find that the penguin's
 brain is still smaller. But, and this is the point, it is larger than it WAS!"