X11 & Color

Tasuki Hirata sukes at eng.umd.edu
Wed Jun 12 07:40:21 AEST 1991

In article <3135 at redstar.dcs.qmw.ac.uk> liam at dcs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts;) writes:
>In <443 at aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU> beser at aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Nick Beser) writes:
>>beard at ux5.lbl.gov (Patrick C Beard) writes:
>
>>>I have X11R4 for A/UX 2.x and am having difficulty getting it to
>automatically
>>>come up in color.  The "Getting Started..." manual suggests a file by the
>>>name of .X11 to change the default "X" command to something like:
>
>>>X -screen 0 -depth 8
>
>So your choice of ".X11" in your home directorry is correct for the override.
>The other filename, /usr/bin/X11/startx, is the one used if you don't have
>your own override file - if you look at that you'll find it is somewhat more
>complicated than just "X -screen 0 -depth 8"

I haven't tried this on A/UX distribution of X11R4, but
I thought the correct place to muck around with the server
stuff was in .xserverrc.

On the suns, I have

X -auth $HOME/.Xauthority -zaphod -ld 4096

in my .xserverrc.

So this should probably work for A/UX.....

#!/bin/sh
if [ "$COLOR" != "" ]; then
	echo "Color X server..." > /dev/console
	X -screen 0 -depth 8
else
	echo "B/W X server..." > /dev/console
fi

--
| Tasuki Hirata (sukes at eng.umd.edu) | - This page intentionally left blank - |
| UUCP: uunet!eng.umd.edu!sukes     | 					     |