AUX and hard drives

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Sun Jun 23 14:58:11 AEST 1991

I haven't had any problems with Maxtors, but the last one I bought was four
years ago, and I've never tried them with A/UX.

What I can tell you is that in that size, my favorite drive is the Wren Runner.
APS wants $1400. It's really worth it. I bought one when it was going for twice
the price, and I'm still glad I got it. It's extremely fast, and built like
a tank. (Details: transfer rate- 1.55MB/sec sustained; 11ms avg. access,
_without caching_.)

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
alexis at panix.com
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis