SCSI Subsystem questions

Craig Ruff cruff at ncar.ucar.edu
Mon Jun 10 05:18:14 AEST 1991

I'm trying to write a driver for the TEAC MT-2ST/N50 150MB cassette tape drive.
(This is going to be a freely available driver, if I can get it working.)
While I can talk to the drive, I'm running into problems with missing data.
My questions:

	Does the SCSI subsystem on A/UX 2.0.1 behave the same way as is
	documented in the device driver kit (for 2.0)?

	Why does the SCSI subsystem insist on aborting a command that
	does not transfer as much data as you requested (i.e. SST_MORE)?
	Why not complete normally and let the caller decide?

	Is it safe to call scsireq from the completion routine?

	Why does physio insist on 8192 byte sized chunks?  This really
	inhibits streaming the drive.

Thanks in advance.
Craig Ruff      	NCAR			cruff at ncar.ucar.edu
(303) 497-1211  	P.O. Box 3000