X11 and A/UX

John Coolidge coolidge at cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 29 05:43:03 AEST 1991

jamest at themepark. (James H. Tinkess) writes:
>Greetings can someone tell me if X11 will run under A/UX??
>Are there any gotchas? Does A/UX supply an X server?
>I've tried to deal with the local retailers and can't get any
>answers

Yes, X11R4 runs under A/UX. There are several versions: Apple has a
product called X Windows for A/UX, which is their (improved) version of
the X11R4 server, a shared-library version of libX11, unshared versions
of the other libraries, and the standard clients. MIT distributes A/UX
support in the stock R4 release. I've taken their code and added shared
libraries for libX11, libXt, libXaw, libXmu, and libXext, fixed a few
bugs, and compiled the whole thing; diffs and binaries are available
from wuarchive.wustl.edu.

A/UX 2.0.1 also includes MacX, a MacOS-based X window server, in the
standard package. You don't get any clients or libraries, though; you'll
have to get those from one of the above sources.

--John