Inits

Kent Sandvik ksand at Apple.COM
Fri Mar 8 11:25:09 AEST 1991

In article <9701 at hub.ucsb.edu> 6600vamp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Le Vampire) writes:

>  This is probably old stuff, but I just started with A/UX so
>please bear with me. My question is this: can I use any of my
>regular Mac inits under A/UX? If so, how?

They work, if they are nice fellows, i.e:

a) 32bit clean
b) don't access low memory globals that are not initialized/used
c) don't patch non-implemented traps
d) don't rely on a Manager that is not supported
e) don't access HW directly
f) don't assume too much about the File System
g) and a lot of other compability issues (TN229 is one way to find
   out more about this, a revised version is soon out...)

...a lot of this is true with MacOS Inits as well.

Regards,
Kent

--
Kent Sandvik, Apple Computer Inc, Developer Technical Support
NET:ksand at apple.com, AppleLink: KSAND  DISCLAIMER: Private mumbo-jumbo