2.0.1 update & sendmail.fc bug?

Ron Flax ron at afsg.apple.com
Sun Mar 24 03:23:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar22.195819.27863 at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> gilbertd at cricket.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) writes:
>The 2.0.1 update went smoothly for me -- Thanks Apple.  One minor
>problem has shown up with sendmail, mailq and newaliases.  Whenever
>I try to use those since the update, I get this error message:
>  Cannot read frozen config file: Not a typewriter

You need to make any site specific changes to sendmail.cf and then run
/usr/lib/sendmail -bz to re-freeze (create a new sendmail.fc) the fc
file.  You also will have to kill the current running sendmail daemon
and restart it.  Or simply reboot if that's easier for you.

--
Ron Flax
ron at afsg.apple.com
Apple Federal Systems Group